Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lefty




The abundance of lefty desks in my 11:30 World Lit is, for lack of a better term, annoying! So today I arrive 10 minutes early for class, yayyy for being on time, but to my dismay, my regular desk had been switched with a lefty desk!




"Oh no!" I think to myself "I'm only gone a day and everything has gone awry" So in an effort to have a comfortable class session i construct a plan to switch the lefty desk with a normal one.

I dont know why they make so many lefty desks anyway! Only like 4% of the population is left handed. Talk about a HUGE minority. So lets do the math, there are 4 billion (4,000,000,000) people on the planet, 4% of that is.....

...................

....................

.........................


some outrageously small number, so there you go, we have statistics!


So back to my plan, I sit in the 2nd seat in this class, and another girl sits behind me in the 3rd seat. her desk is normal and there is another normal desk against the wall. So my plan is to move my lefty desk to the side, push her normal desk to my regular seating position and replace her desk with the other normal desk that was against the wall. so she agreed

Seems easy right, WRONG!
I go through the entire process and guess what she does, she takes the 2nd seat so Im left with the 3rd! Now in my mind, Im thinking, "Ok no really that was not the plan. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?????"

I smile anyway and assume the third chair position all the way in the MIDDLE of the row! i dont think I was even in the t-zone any more!

Blasphemy, so anyway class went on as usual and this time I was just all the way in the middle...

sigh

1 comment:

the thoughtless intellectual said...

I'm a lefty... therefore i feel so wronged by this blog...